Sunday, 10 July 2016

Updated Skincare Routine | Winter

My last skincare routine post was a while ago, and since then, things have changed. My skin is currently combination-dry; it's a windy, rainy winter.

Cleanser
I'm still using the same cleanser. Goodness Everyday Cream Cleanser is a gentle cream cleanser that isn't harsh or stripping. It is something I'm trying to finish off though. While it doesn't make my skin any drier, it doesn't make it any more hydrated. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I don't think the essential oils right at the end of the ingredient list are helping.



Toner
Sometimes I skip this all together, but it's usually rosewater, green tea or chamomile tea. Here's the time  I  used green tea as toner, and when I used chamomile tea. It's either chilled from the fridge or I've made it that morning. No, it's not steaming hot.





Eyecream
I don't necessarily believe in eye creams, but I do occasionally use them. Mostly because it makes a great makeup primer, and I guess because somewhere in the back of my mind, there's this little voice telling me to take care of my skin. It's my mum's voice, okay? 
My friend, who's a makeup artist gave me something she swears by and uses on all her clients. So, I've been using this small pot of Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream, and it does work really well under makeup, and plumpens up my skin. I am also trying to finish off an eye cream from Alpha-H (review here). 

Serum
This is what has helped my dry skin the most, and has especially helped those stubborn dry patches (chamomile tea healps too).  You can't really tell when your skin is bare, but makeup can accentuate that flakey skin. Bioderma Hydrabio Serum is something I've reviewed and recently purchased in full size. 



Moisturiser
I'm now using Thursday Plantation Replenishing Face, which I reviewed here. It's light but works well with the Bioderma serum. It's also made mostly from natural ingredients; the downside is again, the essential oils. 




2 comments:

  1. Never been an eye lotion fan either - that Thursday Plantation lotion looks like something I'd like too! :) That "no, it's not steaming hot" comment made me laugh so much- too cute. Loves your shares

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Angie! Always love reading your comments :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...