Friday, 1 April 2016

Thursday Plantation Replenishing Face Moisturiser Review

I picked this up about three weeks ago, and have trialled it everyday so far. My skin is usually normal to slightly oily, but I my cheeks have been have dry lately. The moisturiser claimed it was suited for dry skin, and I was hoping it would help,




Claims
  • Protects the skin from the visible signs of premature ageing
  • Tightens the skin
  • Retains optimum moisture to the skin
  • Restores the skin’s natural glow
  • 99.5% naturally derived
  • Contains natural yet innovative ingredients that reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
  • Free from petrolatum, mineral oils, silicon, SLS, SLES, animal derived ingredient and testing, synthetic parabens
  • Vegan friendly

Directions
Apply daily on face and neck after cleansing and massage into the skin


Ingredients




The formula is slightly thick, but easy to spread. It is a slight beige colour but doesn't stain your skin. I apply this onto cleansed, slightly damp skin by patting it in. I also have massaged it in as the directions say, but the results are the same. The formula dries without a sticky finish, although it can feel slightly powdery after it dries, which I think, is because of the addition of bentonite. This is hardly noticeable.




Benefits
  • contains many beneficial plant oils, vitamins and vegetable squalene
  • dry skin does feel more moisturised
  • slight 'tightening' feeling
  • non-irritating, no redness after use
  • easy flip lid, and hygienic tube packaging 

Drawbacks
  • contains essential oils which some people may find irritating - citrus, lemon smell
  • skin looks more 'natural matte' than 'glowy' after use (can be a benefit)

Ideal For: those with normal to drier skin


Even though it is recommended for dry skin, I think normal to slightly oily can also benefit, because the finish is not greasy or oily. It did help my dry patches, but for extremely dehydrated skin, it may work better with a drop of facial oil. Overall, this is an amazing moisturiser that does not irritate my skin and is cruelty free.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice clean product! Be careful of citrus essential oils and going in the sun- it's phototoxic & will actually cause premature ageing and skin damage. Certain essential oils and the sun are not friends for your skin lol I try to never use citrus oils in my face moisturisers. Something my teacher really pushed in aromatherapy school :) Love the pics too!!! You're becoming my fav green blogger :) Gonna try a chamomile toner this weekend too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tip! I've read a few studies on essential oils and they don't seem to be the best ingredient to apply directly onto your skin.... it's so hard to find something in the 'natural skincare' market without them though, since technically they classify as 'natural'. Going to be on the lookout though! And thank you for the kind words!! xo

      Delete
  2. Great read and review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...