Monday, 25 April 2016

Clarisonic Mia Review

I've had the Clarisonic for a few years. Here's a detailed review about this device and what happened to my skin when I used it.

Claims
  • a travel-friendly, professional-quality skin care brush
  • the sonic frequency moves Clarisonic's soft, gentle brush back and forth at more than 300 times per second
  • removes makeup six times better than traditional methods
  • clears pores and reduces the appearance of pore size
  • cleanses so thoroughly that skin care products absorb better
  • creates noticeably healthier looking skin.
  • ideal for all skin types, it is used and recommended by leading dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons.



I have the Clarisonic Mia which came with the sensitive brush-head and a cleanser. The cleanser wasn't the best, so I used my own. Never use a scrub with this, or a cleanser with small particles, as you will over-exfoliate your skin, After charging for 24 hours, the brush lasts many uses; about two months if you only use it a few times a week. The normal brush head isn't harsh, and doesn't irritate my skin, even when it was sensitive and spotty.

While I was very diligent in using this daily when I first started, now it's something that I would never do, only because I like using chemical exfoliants and it would be too harsh for my skin. My skin didn't break into a lot of spots or become red when I did use it daily, but I made sure to be gentle and not drag it across my face.

This also has removed makeup well, but now I prefer to use cleansers or oil to clean makeup, which works better for me. I also hated how the brush would look after makeup haha..




The brush head doesn't rotate, but vibrates and 'oscillates'. There is also a timer, so it stops automatically. In the newer models, the timer beeps to indicate how long you should spend on parts of your face, but I don't think that's necessary.

Benefits
  • exfoliates skin and skin feels smoother
  • removes makeup (better than some methods)
  • skincare does seem to absorb better
  • foundation applies easily and the finish is smoother, as it gets rid of dry patches
  • does help in smaller whiteheads
  • lasts a long time after being charged

Drawbacks
  • easy to over-exfoliate, especially if used every day, or with chemical exfoliants
  • not great if you have very thin skin or are prone to broken capillaries 

I think the Clarisonic Mia is a great tool to use if you aren't fond of chemical exfoliation (which can also have it's side effects), and would like to manually exfoliate.
When I used this everyday, I didn't experience anything negative; at the time I had oily skin and cystic acne. I was also careful to be gentle, and not apply any pressure. It worked the best when used occasionally, a few times a week or even less, I felt like it kept my skin smoother, and kept the smaller spots I was prone to get on my forehead at bay.

Have you used the Clarisonic? I know some people are totally against face brushes, but I think they are great to use occasionally on your face, and to exfoliate your body. The key is not to press or drag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...