Monday, 22 February 2016

Using Green Tea as a Toner | 2 Week Update

Ok, it's time to update  you all - it's Week 2! I started using green tea as a toner everyday, two weeks ago to see whether I there were any benefits to my skin. I decided to this

If you have missed my 1 week update and how I make the green tea toner, click - here.


Before GT
My skin is normal to slightly oily. I have small dry spots around my cheeks that aren't visible but feel like my skin is dehydrated and not as smooth as the rest of my face. After putting on moisturiser, my cheeks can get a little dry after a few hours. This has been going on for the last year and I still don't know what's causing it. I'm prone to breakouts, (hormonal/diet), and some tiny spots on my forehead. I also have a few acne scars.

After 2 Weeks GT
  • the dry spots I had are gone
  • none of my acne scars have faded significantly
  • it looks the same as a week before, maybe less apparent pores.
  • feels a lot smoother
  • no small tiny zits I'm prone to getting
  • does not stop big hormonal spots (which surfaced on my face after the two week mark), but seems to reduce some redness

The picture below is:
Left: Before green tea
Right: 1 week after



Below: two weeks after green tea (a few days ago): I tried to get the same angle, but the lighting is a bit different. Excuse my eyebrows!



After these two weeks, I can't just go back skipping this (slightly annoying) step. It's only a hassle if I don't feel like drinking green tea. I'll be continuing for a month, and be testing it on my new lovely hormonal spots. The came in a two days ago after the two week mark so that's why they're not pictured!

Overall, I think everyone should try this. It is soothing and great for dry skin!

To see the benefits of green tea, backed up by research/experiments, click - here

xo, Amali

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this, I love your skin experiment blog posts, they're my fave xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...