Friday, 12 February 2016

Using Green Tea as a Toner | 1 Week Update

Here are the results from my green tea skincare experiment. As promised, I used green tea as a toner for a week to test whether my skin improved. When I wrote my Tea for Skin post, there were way to many studies that showed how great green tea was when applied topically onto skin. I definitely couldn't ignore this.

How I prepared green tea toner (GTT)
While I made green tea to drink, I would pour some into another glass and let it cool in the fridge. A reader on twitter suggested green tea ice cubes; which is a lot smarter and way less of a hassle! And, if you have a puffy face in the morning, ice is great way to reduce the swelling.

Before GT

My skin is normal to slightly oily. I have small dry spots around my cheeks that aren't visible but feel like my skin is dehydrated and not as smooth as the rest of my face. After putting on moisturiser, my cheeks can get a little dry after a few hours. This has been going on for the last year and I still don't know what's causing it. I'm prone to breakouts, (hormonal/diet), and some tiny spots on my forehead. I also have a few acne scars.

After 1 Week GT
I can safely say that after a week of using green tea, my dry cheeks have
diminished almost completely. My skin feels smoother. I also have less of the tiny spots I had on my forehead. It's too soon to know if this helps in evening out skin tone. I also feel like my skin is more moisturised, with an increase in natural oils (not oily skin). My skin definitely looks more dewy than it did a week ago.

Below is what my skin looks like before the toner, and after. The picture on the left was taken about two weeks ago, and the right, a few days ago (marking a week of use). You can't really see the dry patches on my cheeks, but they are around my birthmark.

Extremely unflattering closeups: Left: Before Right: After

I'll be using green tea as a toner for another week, and update again, so keep this page bookmarked or follow me on twitter, and I'll let you know when the post is up!

I used Lipton Green Tea, which is 100% natural. Clicking the image also redirects you to the site, if you want to purchase the exact green tea I used.

Let me know if you will try this DIY toner, and how it goes in the comments below!

xo, Amali

6 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds incredible I will certainly be testing this as I drink GT by the litre, so maybe using it on my skin would help.

    Liv x

    www.livymegs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely better than I expected! Let us know how you go Liv xo

      Delete
  2. That sounds so interesting! I think your skin looks more hydrated in the after picture :)
    Tori xx
    30 Plus and Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! It really looked a lot dewier after a week x

      Delete
  3. Wow, can't believe it's gotten rid of the dryness on your cheeks. I've never heard of this before but it sounds like a great idea judging by your results.

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That was my favourite part of the whole thing, something I've had for ages! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...