Wednesday, 9 December 2015

My Morning Skincare Routine

I switch up my skincare routine pretty frequently depending on the season and what products I happen to be trying out. It's pretty warm now, but not yet humid. My skin is normal to slightly oily, with drier cheeks when it is not humid. The dry skin is a relatively new thing for me. I'm still not completely sure what's causing it. But this cleanser and toner combo is definitely helping.

Cleanser
Goodness Everyday Cream Cleanser. Great for a gentle cleanse that doesn't strip the natural oils from your skin. In the morning, there is not much to wash off, and this does a great job. Here is the review.


Toner
Apivita Cleansing Tonic Lotion happens to be great for getting rid of dry patches. I gravitate towards using this on days that are windy (cue dryness) and when I plant to wear makeup. The one I have is for normal/dry skin; it isn't too stripping. Here's an in-depth review.



Eyecream
I've been skipping this step in the daytime, and just using moisturiser, but sometimes I use Alpha-H Age Delay eye cream. It just happens to work great under makeup, and stops creasing completely. Review coming up soon.

Moisturiser
Swisse Argan Facial Moisturiser during the day. It is light yet moisturising and doesn't contain silicones. Silicones like dimethicone just seem to sit on top of the skin and give the feel of 'conditioned' skin. Which pretty much sums up their function when it comes to skincare. And hair conditioners. I do wear makeup with silicones though. Maybe I should transition into something more 'natural', but if I only wear foundation sometimes and the ones with silicones seem to work the best, what's the point if I'm just going to wash it off?
Here's the review on this moisturiser.



So what's your go to skincare item when you have dry skin? Any tips? Let me know below!

xo, Amali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...