Thursday, 8 October 2015

Brows & Lash Growth Experiment | Castor Oil | Week 0

The last time I went to get my eyebrows professionally waxed, the sweet lady there told me I had nice eyebrows. She then proceeded to wax the s**t out of them. Ten minutes later, she handed me the mirror, and I was left with the shortest eyebrows I've ever had. Really, they started so far in, that I must've looked half-alien for at least a week. She was waxing back and forth, probably trying to even them out after she made a mistake on one...
That was a few months ago. I've never let anyone wax them again. I also thought it would be fine and they would grow back. Well now, one eyebrow is back to normal, while the other has a bald spot. It's not that bad now, but I don't think it would hurt to actually try to do something about it.

So for the next few weeks, I'm going to update you all on the progress of trying to grow my eyebrows back with castor oil. I've heard so many people claiming that this works on their brows and eyelashes, so I thought I would join in and see if there's actually some truth to this. My eyelashes are really fine, so I might as well use this to see if they change too. I took these photos in two different places (bathroom and near a window), so the lighting isn't exactly the same, but this is how my lashes and brows look now:

Week 0

I've heard about girls who apply this onto their lashes with a mascara wand during the day and as a contact lens wearer, this gives me nightmares. Instead, I'll try to slather oil on my brows and lashes every night (pleasant, right?). Join me in conquering my bald brow spot and remember, don't be an eyebrow victim!

xo, Amali

4 comments:

  1. I am really interested to see if this works! I've heard good things about it also, but I'd love to see it in action! I am really interested to see how it does on the lashes! Definitely keep us posted! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I'll definitely keep posting! Day one and I've woken up with very oily, but moisturised eyelashes/eyelids. But it washes off, so that's ok. My eyebrows look the same, but I feel like my eyelashes have grown a little, maybe it's my imagination!I hope this works! xx

      Delete
  2. My sister wanted me to try this. I'll be interested to see how it helps with ur eyelashes especially xoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'll be updating soon! weekly and probably bi-weekly posts xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...