Monday, 4 May 2015

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Foundation Review

This is one of the foundations I have been using for the past few years. I don't use it all the time, but this is my second bottle.



One of the reasons I use MAC foundations, is because they actually have my shade! And for those of us with medium to darker skin tones, and with yellow/golden undertones, finding a perfect matching foundation is akin to finding a needle in a haystack. Many haystacks. During an apocalypse.
Or maybe this is just me? Probably.

Claims
  • a natural matte finish 
  • a medium-buildable coverage
  • broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15
  • Comfortable and long-wearing:lasts for up to eight hours
  • Applies smoothlybuilds coverage quickly and easily
  • Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections.
  • Absorbs and disperses oil
  • Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients
  • Oil free

Undertones: Yellow to orange, less orange than the Pro Longwear Foundation in the same shade.

Shade: NC42
So this shade is a little dark for me now, so I mix it with a lighter foundation, to achieve the right match.

Summer
When I first purchased this foundation years ago, I had oily skin, and was recommended that I try this for it's matte finish. My skin is now normal to slightly oily, after changing my skincare and diet. When I wear this foundation, I do notice during more humid days, I get an oilier T-zone, and more so when I had oily skin.

Winter
Bare in mind, it doesn't snow where I live. The average Melbourne winter is said to be 14 degrees Celsius (that's 57 in Fahrenheit). But I would say the humidity has more of an effect for the condition of your skin. The drier your skin, the more patchy your foundation will be. I found this out last winter, where I had dry skin for the first time. I was using Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser, and although a great face cream, this was simply too light for me during winter. Dry patches of skin, was making this foundation sit terribly on my skin. So, for those dry skin folks, this probably isn't for you! Unless ofcourse, you moisturise really well.

The good
  • Great for those with a yellow/olive undertone
  • Offers medium to high coverage, has covered my acne scars
  • Buildable without having to apply half the bottle and thus looking mask like
  • natural matte finish as claimed
  • has an SPF of 15
  • doesn't give you a white cast in photos
Cons
  • Doesn't come with a pump, but can you can buy this separately, so this can be a plus as it lowers overall cost via ↓ packaging, but then again Australian makeup prices are ridiculous
  • can transfer (eg when using a tissue to blow your nose)
  • smells a bit like paint...yup

Repurchase? I have. Currently my second bottle.

This is a great foundation for those who are looking for medium coverage, that is buildable to high coverage. I sometimes even mix this with moisturiser for a very light coverage. Overall, MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation is long lasting, doesn't react with my skin and lasts throughout the day with powder.

9 comments:

  1. Don't really like the fact that it transfers but maybe if you set it with a setting spray or powder it will stop that
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does transfer less with powder, but it's still not white-clothes-friendly after a few hours. I should try a setting spray though! xo

      Delete
  2. Really in depth, clear review! Well done, thanks! I've never tried any mac foundations so this was really helpful! X

    Glam night look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, I just realised I need to put in swatches though woops! Will be having a look into your blog now xo

      Delete
  3. This is my all time favourite foundation! Great choice!

    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie, it's deff my favourite out of the Mac foudnations xx

      Delete
  4. This post is super helpful I always get the Mineralize moisture one and I've been thinking about trying something different this time! Thanks for sharing xx

    www.emma-marie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got this and I love it!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...