Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Rosehip PLUS Rosehip Oil Review

I wanted to try Rosehip PLUS Rosehip Oil to help lighten my remaining acne scars and even out my skin tone.

This is my second bottle of this brand and fourth bottle overall. So it's fair to say I love this stuff. Especially this brand. It's more orange in colour than the others I have tried, which is a sign of high quality and the beta-carotene content.





Rosehip PLUS Rosehip Oil is:
  • 100% pure and natural + Australian Certified Organic
  • cold-pressed, in this case using a chemical free extraction; so more of the vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids remain.

Claims

  • Reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars
  • Maintains skin hydration and softness
  • Improves appearance of dry and sensitive skin
  • Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Promotes skin elasticity and texture


Skin type

So, I have normal to (sometimes) oily skin (T-zone), that is prone to hormonal breakouts. No wrinkles (yet).
Tip: Don't be scared to use this if you have oily/combination skin. I did when I first started, and if anything, this has made my skin more 'normal'. 

Instructions

I apply 3-4 drops onto clean, dry skin using fingertips and pat in, or
Concentrate on target spot.




The good:
  • 'drier' oil, easily absorbed
  • evens out skin tone
  • helps fades new acne scars well, and old acne scars moderately
  • doesn't give me spots, zits, pimples etc.
  • I wake up with soft, supple skin

The not so good, but I can deal with it:
  • skin can become light sensitive if the oil was the only thing you put on your face the night before (vitamin A?) Solution: wear sunscreen
  • doesn't smell like roses...yes, I actually thought it would.....smells more like fish oil capsules....(omegas?) but it doesn't linger
  • I'm not completely sure if this has made the skin near my mouth thinner, but now I avoid putting it all over my face
  • Can go rancid quickly if you forget to close the lid properly, water gets inside, comes into contact with direct sunlight

Repurchase? Yes

I use this at night on its own or under a light moisturiser. Overall, rose hip oil has improved the condition of my skin. It has become a consistent part of my routine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...